My licence plate frame reads “Home is Norfolk County” and I am very excited about new developments in our county.
The new trail development over, under and around “the black bridge” in Waterford is spectacular and offers the warmest, friendliest back door to our Norfolk.
The waterfront parkette in Port Rowan has one of the best views and rest areas along the whole Lake Erie shoreline. (Join me with your family on July 13 for the official opening of the parkette.)
After your visit to Port Rowan, head to Frogmore (one of the 50 plus communities that are part of Norfolk) and view under construction the finest up-to-date Norfolk family community sports and picnic park surrounding The Mission church.
Now my disappointment.
For goodness sake Simcoe councillors, get that CNR underpass in Simcoe on Norfolk Street North back to orginal grade. It’s ugly, dirty, broken and creating a terrible image of our Norfolk.
• landowners will develop and improve abuting lands that will add to the commercial tax base
• Highways 24 & 3 landowners are in favour
• Increased assessment, development charges and various permit revenues will be made
• back to original grade with new sewer and water lines will be a lasting solution (50 years)
• New business will be attracted — new revenue.
It’s time to support our local businesses. As a former developer I know the importance of sign visibility and community access — better service and more access to our Norfolk.
The front door must welcome all. Councillors be wise and restore our front door.
“Home is Norfolk County”.
John W. Race